Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm in New York!



Who doesn't love a birthday present like this?

Oma and Opa know how much we love the theater, and so for our birthdays they treated us to a 1 day trip to NYC and 3rd row seats at The Lion King on Broadway! Truly a treat! We sat on the aisle and we were so close that the large elephant that came down the aisle on my side bumped into my shoulder. Talk about feeling like a part of the show! Everything about this production was amazing. So if you are debating checking it out - I highly recommend seeing it - and so does Maya.

This was Maya's 1st ever trip to the big city. She was so excited to go and see everything! I made sure to snap a picture on my phone as soon as she had her first sight of the city.

 
Once we got off the bus, we walked over to times square. Where she got to see all the lights and signs. Of course also located in times square is Toys R Us - and inside is a giant Ferris wheel. Do you think Maya would see that and turn a ride on it down? Not this girl!


 Trying to patiently wait her turn

 Oma & Opa rode with us too!

 We got to ride in the Mr. Potato Head car.

Once again I must stress how amazing this show is! We were so thankful that Oma & Opa treated us to this. And if I had the opportunity, I'd be right there to see it again!

We had such a long day, but it was all so worth it! :)

No comments: