Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Maya!!!

Okay, I know.. my blogging has been really lame for a couple months AGAIN! Sorry, however I do have good stuff to update everyone on! :)


Our little princess turned 4 on March 26th. I know I can't hardly believe it myself, but it is true. And because of our recent wedding, I learned something new about myself. I am totally and completely in love with event planning and crafting my own decorations. There is no limit to the creativity - and being a bride on a budget helped me to also learn that the expensive things I see and want, are most of the time something that I can find a way to make myself. Sometimes it turns out better than I imagined and every time I feel really proud of my creations and accomplishments!

So that being said, I was really excited to plan Maya's birthday party this year. She decided on having a fish themed party, so away I went into planning mode.. and I loved every minute of it.



My beautiful birthday girl!

And of course we had to have bubbles!!

Maya was so funny on her birthday. I kept saying Happy birthday Maya, and she kept telling me "It's not my birthday yet!" And then would argue with me that she wasn't 4 yet. I guess she thought that she didn't get to have a birthday until the party and she blew out the candles. Such a silly girl.




 My hand made MAYA decoration - made from tissue paper & a fishing net.


My favorite new hobby to add to my portfolio, cake making. I had no idea the amazing things that can be created with dessert! Luckily I have a wonderful friend who allowed me to borrow her cake decorating tools. I am very proud of how the cake turned out, it took a lot of work, but for my first ever cake of this nature - it ROCKED!! :)


After baking, coloring fondant, stacking the layers - this was the base of my creation



Several hours later - and here it is!


     




Complete with (of course) FISH candles!



The birthday girl ready for the party to start!


Maya and her Poppi



Happy Birthday to our princess!!

She is definitely our pride and joy. She has been growing so fast and the time is flying by, but it is so amazing to hear what she has to say next and the things that she is learning so quickly.

Thanks again to everyone who came out to celebrate with us!



No comments: