Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Uncle Robert!


As I told you in the previous post, we took a road trip this weekend. It was Uncle Robert's 50th birthday bash on Saturday, and I'm so glad that we didn't miss it. It really was a Hale family reunion. I saw relatives that I hadn't seen in 17 years. Aunt T did a really nice job of putting everything together and it all turned out great!
We got up early on Friday morning and were on the road at 4 am. The trip is about an 8 hour drive, so we got to the house around 11:30 am. Uncle Ryan and his family were already there, so we got to spend some extra time with them on Friday. The house was FULL of people all weekend, as Aunt T's sister and her family were in town to help celebrate too. I think on Friday night there were about 18 people that slept at Uncle Robert & Aunt T's house.



Poppi & Maya
The party wasn't until Saturday, but we were anxiously awaiting the rest of the family to get there. Everyone came in on Friday night, so we didn't get to see them until Saturday. One of the people Maya was really waiting on was her Poppi.



Maya loved playing with all of her cousins, but she really loved the trampoline! Anytime she had a chance to get on, she took full advantage. I think we all ended up taking turns jumping with her. Now she thinks that she needs one in our yard. I guess we'll see what happens with that in the future.



Jumping with Poppi
Maya had to "teach" Poppi how to jump on a trampoline. So she kept him on that trampoline for hours. Then she told me "Poppi has to practice jumping so that he will get better, because if he does not practice, he'll forget how to jump." I'm pretty sure she wore him out by the end of the day.



She also wore herself out, and we're okay with that too. She didn't want to lay down inside while the party was going on, so she laid on the swing and passed out. Even with all of the noise of everyone being outside, she slept for a good 2 hours right through it all.
I really wish I would have gotten some family pictures with everyone together, but it got dark before we remembered. So I guess that will have to wait until November.
Sunday morning we got back on the road around 8:30 am and headed back to MD. On the way we decided to stop and have lunch with Donny's grandma in Deep Creek.







No comments: