Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another Road Trip


We are preparing to take another road trip this weekend. Uncle Robert will be celebrating his 50th birthday and they are having a big birthday bash. The plan is to get up a 4am on Friday to jump in the car and go. Our destination is Columbus, OH, that's about an 8 hour drive from our house. Which seems like a lot, but I am comparing it to the 16 hour drive it is for me to get home to Illinois. So this should be a breeze.

We are really excited mainly because Uncle Robert's birthday had turned into more of a family reunion for the Hale side of the family. I'm told that all of my uncles, aunts, and cousins will be there. Which is pretty impressive because we are coming from all over the place. There are 2 uncles that I have not seen in over 4 years & they have never met Maya, so I am excited to introduce them, and I just know they are going to be impressed with her. Both of these uncles have gotten married since I last saw them, so I also get to meet 2 new Aunts and a little cousin. Not to mention that Poppi will be there too, and we LOVE to visit with him! I am also looking forward to Donny finally meeting the rest of the family because I am not sure that they will all be out for the wedding in a few months.

This morning while I was getting Maya ready for school, she was doing her usual complaining "I'm tired. I just want to lay down. I don't want to go to school." ( Hate to admit that she sounds just like me in the morning, apparently we are not morning people.) So I told her that this would be her last day of school this week and that tomorrow we were going to her cousin's house, Kenady, Mason & Ryleigh. Her eyes lit up and she says "Its Uncle Robert's birthday & he is having a party." Then she goes on to say "and we'll get to see his dogs. Their names are Sunny, Rosco, and... (she couldn't remember the last one right away, then she blurts out) and Smurphy!" All I could do was laugh at her. Then I said "Smurphy? That's not his name, his name is Murphy." But I was surprised that she had remembered all of that information. She gave me a good start to my day, and I am always grateful for that.
(Make sure you come back soon to see the fun we'll have this weekend in OH. I will be taking lots of pictures and try to update the blog next week.)






No comments: