Monday, July 19, 2010

5 Generations

Dorothy Dean Zander November 1913- July 2010
On July 18th at 4:25 am we lost the oldest member of our family at the age of 96. A loving mother, grandmother, great grandmother, and great great grandmother. I think I can speak for the entire family when I say we were so incredibly blessed to have her with us for that long. She really left a lot of memories on my heart, that will never be forgotten. I was very lucky to have a close relationship with both my great gram and great grandpa. So many people never even meet their great grandparents. I spent so much time with them when I was younger.
The last time I got to see Great Gram was in November 2009. Our family drove out to Illinois for thanksgiving. Before that, I feel like I hadn't seen her in a couple years. With the distance between us, it makes it really hard to got back to Illinois to see my family. Donny and I had the job of picking up the ladies for Thanksgiving day. We picked up Aunt Martha and Great Gram.
When Great Gram got into my car she said, "You're old enough to drive?!?" She had kept me in her mind as only being a teenager. Then a little while later she said " Who's car is this, yours Lauren?" I told her yes, that I bought this car about 2 years back. "This is really nice." she said. She always made me smile, even with the little things she said.
5 Generations:
Dorothy Dean Zander, C. William Zander Jr.. Elizabeth Zander Hale, Lauren Hale, & Maya McMullen

We really had something special. We will miss her greatly and never forget the love and support she gave us.


Rest in Peace Great Gram.

No comments: