Saturday, February 23, 2008

Maya's favorite things!

One of Maya's favorite things is the phone. Though she can only say a few words, it doesn't stop her from calling her family and babbling on and on. And even when there isn't anyone on the phone for her to talk to, she walks all around the house with the phone up to her ear and talking. I only wish that we could understand everything that she said. Just the other day Maya called grandma all by herself and talked to her for at least 5 minutes before I realized that she was actually talking to someone.






This is a picture of Maya sitting in her Dora the Explorer chair. This is the newest addition to her personal property. She really likes the chair, but she hasn't yet figured out how to turn around and sit down in it. Right now she just tries to climb on it. But when you ask her who the character on the back of the chair is, she will try to say something that sounds pretty close to Dora.





Maya loves the fish tank! We got the fish tank in my last few months of my pregnancy. When I was little the fish tank would really calm me down and I would sit in front of it for hours and watch. So I thought that it would be something nice to have for Maya. The other reason was so maybe when Donny and I started to get frustrated, that we could also use the blood pressure reducer. :) We didn't actually fill the tank until a few months after Maya was born. Success! She loves it! Although we've been through lots of fish already, we are still trying to keep up with it. While Maya was just starting to hold on to things to stand up, she would stand in front of the fish tank and talk to the fish. I think that we might have lost a few fish to heart attacks when Maya started to hit on the glass to get their attention.




Maya is very fascinated with Daddy's toothbrush. He always comes out and brushes his teeth in front of her. So when Maya got her first teeth she also got a toothbrush. Now they can brush their teeth together. I think that she still likes daddy's toothbrush a little more than her own. Or maybe she just wants to help him. :) I thought that this was a cute picture of the daily routine & thought I'd share it.

No comments: